Vulnerable and traumatised tamariki and rangatahi are powerfully affected by environmental stimuli. This course enables learners to understand the interaction between human beings and the physical environment, and to develop the knowledge and skills they need to create within their own setting surroundings that promote recovery from trauma and help build resilience.
- Understand the impact of the environment on recovery from trauma.
- How to re-wire the brain for improved wellbeing.
- Understand the soothing and stimulating effects of different aspects of the environment.
- Know how changing the environment can help children and young people to manage their behaviour more effectively.
- Improving emotional regulation.