Talk with tamariki is a beginner-level series introducing Nonviolent Communication concepts and their application to caring for tamariki.
This course brings a holistic approach to understanding your tamariki’s behaviours, and teaches the tools and awareness to address the difficult situations that may arise in your role as a caregiver. This course is based on Dr Marshall B. Rosenberg PhD's Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
- Respond to your tamariki’s needs rather than react to their behaviour.
- Increase your ability to handle stressful situations with a calm presence.
- Create an environment where tamariki feel heard, valued, and supported.
- Build trust and connection.
- Understand and communicate limits with confidence and empathy.
- Balance your needs with the needs of others.
- Move from reactivity to responsiveness.
- Discover blind spots in the use of language that keep us trapped in habitual stereotypes, bias, and limiting beliefs.